IT'S HERE... the next big update!

Last edited by Cubase on May 19, 2012 • 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Well folks, it's taken myself, Bjorn and a handful of others a good long while, but it has all finally paid off!

Introducing you to Episode 1 of the first Tex Murphy Kickstarter updates:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ4psVRTaJw

Currently it is hosted at YouTube and the guys will be putting it as an update on the KickStarter site shortly.

ALSO, it is only EPISODE ONE of THREE in this series of videos. So stay tuned for the 2 remaining episodes this week!

In the meantime, please check it out, and SHARE SHARE SHARE to spread the word to the masses! Come hell or high water, we are going to reach this target, and even smash it!

Thanks all, and enjoy!

-Cub. =o)
If we can get to $202,000 in 35 minutes, that's a pretty good day's work.
Great job, Cub! You should be in videogames! ;-)
Lovely work, Mistah C.
"The real world is bizarre enough for me." - Blue Öyster Cult
The first thing I will say is holy $#it.

Now that this is out of the way, did you round up the entire neighbourhood for this first episode?!

Why do you never fail to amaze, my good man?!
Part-Time Nomad
oh cub very fine work mate, for a minute I thought I was watching a news report before the main video :lol:
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
The 1080p HD looks beautiful! :D Even if the Kickstarter doesn't work out, seeing a video like that is just such a delight to have seen.

This is absolutely fantastic! Although, I am kinda bummed that people actually care about those horrible murderous racists I helped Tex kill.
AC wrote:Great job, Cub! You should be in videogames! ;-)
AC, if you're mentioned in this video, you're in the Tex Universe. Then how... well... nevermind. o_O
joliet_jane wrote: AC, if you're mentioned in this video, you're in the Tex Universe. Then how... well... nevermind. o_O

Didn't you know the Access in Access Software, specifically meant they had DIMENSIONAL access? The ability to cross dimensions?
"The real world is bizarre enough for me." - Blue Öyster Cult
Big thumbs up if someone can get all the game and movie references in the news ticker at the bottom!

Also, THANK YOU to everyone who supplied me with their "Moon Cult" clips. All of them were used.

-Cub. =o)
Cubase wrote:Big thumbs up if someone can get all the game and movie references in the news ticker at the bottom!

Also, THANK YOU to everyone who supplied me with their "Moon Cult" clips. All of them were used.

-Cub. =o)
I got Full Throttle, LSL (duh), Grim Fandango & Doom - the others were unknown to me - making me feel old :shock:

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"
Wow this is great Cub! :o
That Moon Child was amazing! And the explosion really impressive!! :shock:
The news segments look really convincing. :o
Great to see how my graphics was used. :)

It's amazing how you've managed to pull all this together, especially with the number of people involved. It looks great on the Kickstarter page. It is sort of like the pitch is a look at what Chandler Avenue etc. would look like updated and your video is what the newsreel at the start of Under A Killing Moon would look like updated.

Can't wait to see the next segment! Though I understand you'll likely pace them out over the Kickstarter campaign. So guess I'll just have to wait. :x
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
If the UAC in mars was a reference to Doom, Doom (Doom 3, anyway) takes place in 2145 but Tex Murphy UAKM takes place in 2042.

Just being picky :p
Great work mate! Loved it
Tex Murphy: Australia
http://www.texmurphyaustralia.net/wp
Woaaah.. massive production values out of nowhere! Great job Cub. You managed to pretty much cover most of the story from UAKM to Overseer, so that's great, it gives a lot of the unfamiliar a bit of a refresher on what happened.

Great job.
mr_cyberpunk wrote:You managed to pretty much cover most of the story from UAKM to Overseer, so that's great.
I've a feeling this segment mainly tried to focus on events in UAKM and hinted at the rest. I'm gonna speculate that the further 2 segments will go more into depth on the other 2 games. Since at the end the news reporter said the next one will have a sci-fi / aliens angle in the vein of Pandora Directive). Though as it already conveyed the end of Overseer and the rest of that 3rd game was a flashback to before UAKM etc. maybe the 3rd will take a really different direction. Just having fun theorising. Can't wait to see more!

Speaking of speculation:
I think he should get a Kickstarter Update, *just* for his video because its obviously going to be an epic :lol:
Wait... in before that actually happens and that's the weekend video update! :P
http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/mess ... 634#p49634

Called it! :wink:
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy