IT'S HERE... the next big update!

Cub, I am simply gobsmacked by this. It's fantastic! I love how you've pulled in story elements from all the games – and some subtle hints about the next adventure, if I'm not mistaken. :) Cannot wait to see parts 2 and 3!
Cub, good job by this video, and to rest of the crews for their performance! I especially like how the brunette performance (Claire Masino) brings out her face expression, her emotion, and her acting in the video. Like James, I cannot wait to see parts 2 and 3!:)

AC, I got a suggestion, why don't you ask Big Finish Games wigs to hire Matt out of Australia and give him a work visa to work in the United States? AC, he'll be in your video games as I know he'll have a great time using his background media experience for Big Finish Games?

Matt would you be willing to come to USA (with your soon to be wife) and work for Big Finish Games under Chris, Aaron, and rest of the employees that is part of the company? You n Mel would have a great time here in U.S. I think this will both be your first time in United States, correct?
If cub leaves australia we won't let him back in ! :lol: :lol:
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
As I said on the Kickstarter page; I am blown away! What a stupendous job! Everything is done down to the smallest detail. I loved the shout out to AC. I can't imagine the weeks and numerous hours and hours of time you and your crew put into this. A labor of love, I'm sure. I think AC and CJ would do great to have you on their team as well. You should be really proud. And WE are already lucky to have you, and your mad skills on our team. :D
Cathy
Good grief! :shock: That was amazing!

Congratulations on a stupendous and jaw-dropping video; the Moon Child has never looked so good!
my first thought was: "wow, they talk a lot!"
*presses finger to the ear*
Sai?..
Last edited by Sai on May 19, 2012 • 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Regan wrote:Good grief! :shock: That was amazing!

Congratulations on a stupendous and jaw-dropping video; the Moon Child has never looked so good!
Yeah, I can't get over how great that Moon Child was. Shows again how much better a new Tex Murphy game can look with todays tech so its a great addition to the Kickstarter page. I noticed a number of backers who especially love UAKM or have only played UAKM too so perhaps it will really spark their imaginations. Can't wait to see what a homage to Pandora Directive will be like assuming the "aliens" mention at the end is anything to go by. Since I know thats also top of many peoples lists (like mine).
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Holy poop-on-a-stick! That was awesome, Cub! I am just in awe. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go pick up my jaw off of the floor.
Cubase wrote:Big thumbs up if someone can get all the game and movie references in the news ticker at the bottom!

Also, THANK YOU to everyone who supplied me with their "Moon Cult" clips. All of them were used.

-Cub. =o)
On top of those already mentioned, I'd add:

Simcopter
Children of Men (Human Project)
Fallout 3 (Galaxy News Radio)
Part-Time Nomad
Sai wrote:Yeah, I can't get over how great that Moon Child was.
Yep, Rockefeller (Bjorn) did a fantastic job with that model and the other 3D in the video (incl. Moon child interior). He's a fantastically talented designer and working with him was very easy!

And Sai, your theories, as usual, are closer to the mark than you think. :wink:

-Cub. =o)
Cubase wrote: Yep, Rockefeller (Bjorn) did a fantastic job with that model and the other 3D in the video (incl. Moon child interior). He's a fantastically talented designer and working with him was very easy!
The detail really makes it. I mean they could of easily just done an overall shape for the Moon Child since its distinctive that way. But going that bit further makes it more grandiose. And the added touch of the lights flickering before its about to explode etc. I look forward to see what they can do in the next one. :)
And Sai, your theories, as usual, are closer to the mark than you think. :wink:
:lol: The plot thickens!
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
James LeMosy wrote:Cub, I am simply gobsmacked by this. It's fantastic! I love how you've pulled in story elements from all the games – and some subtle hints about the next adventure, if I'm not mistaken. :) Cannot wait to see parts 2 and 3!
I've watched this a few more times and can't get over how much I love it. The attention to detail really is incredible – I especially love the red radiation glow surrounding the Earth in the Moon Child shots. You've created a true expansion the Tex Murphy mythos, and it's great to see the impact he's had on the world-at-large presented in such a cohesive, narrative way. I really think these vids should be included as a special feature with the new game!
James LeMosy wrote:
James LeMosy wrote:Cub, I am simply gobsmacked by this. It's fantastic! I love how you've pulled in story elements from all the games – and some subtle hints about the next adventure, if I'm not mistaken. :) Cannot wait to see parts 2 and 3!
I've watched this a few more times and can't get over how much I love it. The attention to detail really is incredible – I especially love the red radiation glow surrounding the Earth in the Moon Child shots. You've created a true expansion the Tex Murphy mythos, and it's great to see the impact he's had on the world-at-large presented in such a cohesive, narrative way. I really think these vids should be included as a special feature with the new game!
I agree...

I also think Cubase should be working on the new game!
Tex Murphy: Australia
http://www.texmurphyaustralia.net/wp
Absolutely gorgeous. I'm a-jitter with the possibilities of a Tex game made in this decade, and what's better, I hope it will inspire yet-to-be backers as well!

(Only thing I wondered about: the Claire interviews appear to be taken in daylight. I thought that had ended because of WWIII. Like in Blade Runner. Oh well -- I'm probably wrong! Loved it anyhow. :D )
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
Jerry Dan wrote:Absolutely gorgeous. I'm a-jitter with the possibilities of a Tex game made in this decade, and what's better, I hope it will inspire yet-to-be backers as well!

(Only thing I wondered about: the Claire interviews appear to be taken in daylight. I thought that had ended because of WWIII. Like in Blade Runner. Oh well -- I'm probably wrong! Loved it anyhow. :D )
Daylight didn't end, it just became much much more harmful due to thinning ozone layer. In Overseer a lot of the game takes place during the day, and also during Pandora I believe you spend time outside during the day.

What they did is reverse the work day, so midnight becomes lunch time etc etc. This would help reduce health risks long term, I doubt spending a day or two in the sun would cause too much harm.