Is today an unusually good day for the Project?

yes its based on a farm.......lol

if people on the $15 tier increased it to $5 we would have an extra $6000
so how do we do that.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
plumgas wrote:yes its based on a farm.......lol

if people on the $15 tier increased it to $5 we would have an extra $6000
so how do we do that.
You should actually know this one, Plumgas. Actually, I know you do and you will never forgive yourself once you know the answer.
Is that Razorback? And yes if we can arrange everyone on the board to up their pledges by $5 or $10 all at the same time I'd be happy to drop $50 more :)
I know my movies, Joel, but I can't come to any conclusions with that image.
"The real world is bizarre enough for me." - Blue Öyster Cult
the only conclusion according to that image, i can come with - that movie`s boring
must be the dish
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Last edited by Sai on May 21, 2012 • 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
I didn't recognise it. I thought maybe Wicker Man at first just because... even though I've never seen that film...

But with the new Google "Search by Image" feature its easy to cheat :lol:
SPOILER:
Back to the Future Part III. I love the Back to the Future films but guess I haven't seen the 3rd in a long while.

In knowing that also another way of figuring it out would of been:
The web address path is "bttf" = Back to the Future and shortening and Googling the url to wikia.com/bttf takes you to the Back to the Future Wiki

And as a result it means:
Point of No Return, where Doc says its "the future or bust". In terms of the Kickstarter I assume it means "it's a future Tex Murphy game or bust" after hitting the "point of no Return" of 50%

EDIT: typos.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
All wrong folks. The movie that it comes from is:

Does nobody remember the windmill? The point of no return? We're 50% of the way, no going back now!
ok, maybe not so boring
Sai wrote:I didn't recognise it. I thought maybe Wicker Man at first just because... even though I've never seen that film...

But with the new Google "Search by Image" feature its easy to cheat :lol:
SPOILER:
Back to the Future Part III. I love the Back to the Future films but guess I haven't seen the 3rd in a long while.

In knowing that also another way of foguring it out would of been:
The web address path is "bttf" = Back to the Future and shortening and Googling the url to wikia.com/bttf takes you to the Back to the Future Wiki

And as a result it means:
Point of No Return, where Doc says its "the future or bust". In terms of the Kickstarter I assume it means "it's a future Tex Murphy game or bust" after hitting the "point of no Return" of 50%
Just read your post then - YES! That's the answer :) But, you answered after the two hour period. I had a feeling someone would trace the source image eventually, but I decided against saying "without looking up the source image" as there's no way to tell if someone actually would. If only you were a bit earlier, the project could have advanced For A Few Dollars More ;)

I might slip a few more games like this in over the coming 25 days, so watch out!
Last edited by Sai on May 21, 2012 • 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heh yeah, I only just got here due to the time difference (there goes those BTTF time references again) :lol:

I did cheat though anyway which is why I didn't show the answers in my post so others could still guess legit. I doubt I would of gotten it legit since though I like those films that particular object isn't as unique looking as say the clock tower etc.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Last edited by my voice just on May 21, 2012 • 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joel wrote:I might slip a few more games like this in over the coming 25 days, so watch out!
you can make a thread "guess the movie by screenshot", where anyone who guesses will have to post another movie screenshot and the author of the guessed movie should increase their pledge by $5
my voice just wrote:
Joel wrote:I might slip a few more games like this in over the coming 25 days, so watch out!
you can make a thread "guess the movie by screenshot", where anyone who guesses will have to post another movie screenshot AND increase their pledge by $5
That's actually a REALLY cool idea, but we've got to find a way of overcoming the issue of people looking up the properties of the images.
Last edited by my voice just on May 21, 2012 • 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
i fixed the rules a bit... but maybe it`s better old way?..
okay, now, if the image also said point of no return or something, I would have gotten it.
"The real world is bizarre enough for me." - Blue Öyster Cult