Oh my ... goodness. Is it real?

I had one of my let's play videos of "The Pandora Directive" get a hit with a comment the other day claiming that a "Project Fedora" was in the works and I about had a coronary. I found my old account here, and booted it up, and wanted to say "YAY!!!!!!"

I should have never given up on this it seems, as it looks like we're finally going to see it happen.

Hi old faces, and new ones as well. :-)
I'm not fat ... I'm festively plump.
Hello! And welcome back. I am probably one of the new faces. Did you already pledge?
Cathy
Hey! Good to see you back right on time :) Glad you'll be able to join the support!

Commenting on past / present playthroughs of Tex Murphy videos on Youtube is a good idea. Good to know someone is getting the word out that way and brought an old fan back!

I wonder if James can send an email alert out to all members of the forum? I'm sure there are some members still unaware. I understand if theres a concern about it being seen as spam though, but I've not minded so far when a forum sends me an email as a one-off due to some important news.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
No, not yet. My income level is super low, but I *will* pledge when I get my paycheck. My pledge will perhaps allow the design team to have a ham sandwich or two while in the development, but it will be a ham sandwich they didn't have before. :-)
Hey there Mr. Thomas Malloy, glad to see you back here with us.
"If at first you don't succeed,
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.nineteenthstar.cjb.net
www.sowden.cjb.net
welcome back, $15 gets you the game by digital download
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Hey, I remember you. So you're the "Let's Play" guy? Interesting!
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
Sai wrote:Hey! Good to see you back right on time :) Glad you'll be able to join the support!

Commenting on past / present playthroughs of Tex Murphy videos on Youtube is a good idea. Good to know someone is getting the word out that way and brought an old fan back!

I wonder if James can send an email alert out to all members of the forum? I'm sure there are some members still unaware. I understand if theres a concern about it being seen as spam though, but I've not minded so far when a forum sends me an email as a one-off due to some important news.
Just what I was thinking. Find the oldest posted videos and comment on them about the Kickstarter. Might help make people away who have been away for a while.
Cathy
Mr. Thomas Malloy wrote:I had one of my let's play videos of "The Pandora Directive" get a hit with a comment the other day claiming that a "Project Fedora" was in the works and I about had a coronary. I found my old account here, and booted it up, and wanted to say "YAY!!!!!!"

I should have never given up on this it seems, as it looks like we're finally going to see it happen.

Hi old faces, and new ones as well. :-)
MALLOY! I've been Pm'ing and emailing you forever! Where you been? So glad you're back, Fred will be pleased.

Quick to the batmoblie!
Welcome back. And I'm glad there's good news waiting for you. Now start crossing your fingers with the rest of us and let's get Tex back in gear.
Hey Mister! Haven't seen you around these parts for a looong time! I hope you'll be sticking around for a while!

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"
Im kinda a noob as well. Although I did make an account around 2006-2007 I was smoking a lot of weed at the time and regretfully forgot my account details! So I had to make another one last year! But its never too late to love Tex! Its good to have this resurgence of old fans conjoined with new ones to share in the excitement of the return of Tex!! Nobody judges here! (at least in my experience!;)
Thanks for the welcomes back everyone. It's amazing to see how, after all these years (and I mean, daaang .... it's been like 4 or 5 years?) a lot of the names are still out there. Sowden, Rockefeller, dcat, Jen, freepizza, Fred, Jimtheold guy, Jerry dan, plumgas, sai, I remember you all! There are many, many more names I haven't added just because ... it's hard to remember em all ... Oh yeah, Cubase was one. Demonlawyer was another. Oh and Fred. I miss that guy. Did I mention him? You guys used to be my other family, whether you know it or not. Then life threw me a curve ball, I hit drugs hard, and well ... I was afraid I didn't fit in or mix well with you guys anymore. Felt like I didn't deserve ya, you know?

Jen, sorry if you haven't been able to reach me by email. My email address has changed more times than the bourbon in Tex's liquor cabi ... err ... desk. I went through a rough patch a few years ago as I mentioned above (the curve ball was my father passing on), and only recently have started pulling out of it. I'm going to get around to updating my profile real soon. It's good to see you! Can't wait to give Fred a noogie.

Heya Jerry, to clarify a bit, I'm not sure if you're thinking I might be someone else on youtube, I put up a mission street walk through that I didn't provide commentary on, and I never finished it because my saved game got all whacked out. I have been wanting to go back and redo it, this time with commentary. Now I'm like ... all amped to do it, so I can talk about Project Fedora while I'm playing. I don't think I ever received many views to begin with ...

I'd like you all to know that I'm completely clean and sober now. It took a lot of hard work, and a lot of blue eyes crying in the rain, but I've managed to kick my drug abuse. This is actually a major milestone for myself, as I've been an addict off and on ever since I was thirteen years old. But now, nothing but sunshine and happy days ahead, if I can stay clean. And now that I'm living by myself, with no worries and no stress, I think it's a good chance I will.

But again, thank you all for the welcomes and let's get this project kickstarted, eh? I'm going to try to spread the word as much as possible, seeing as how its the only thing I can think of that I can do, other than maybe shell out 50 or so ... I don't know yet.
Hi Thomas Malloy, I'm glad things are looking up for you now. I think its truly comendable what you've achieved. Words fall flat here to really convey things, I can only say that I'm sorry you had to go through such difficulties and happy that the rough is beginning to smooth. Wishing you all the very best. Don't worry about what amount you can offer, everyone is in different situations and whether $5 or $10,000 we're all on the same page as to our dedication. Any way you can support is fine and helping to spread the word is an awesome way. Best of luck!

If you haven't already checked it out there is also a thread with lots of graphics for spreading the word too:
http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/mess ... f=1&t=3733

As well as a thread for discussing ideas for spreading the word in other ways:
http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/mess ... 73&start=0
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Great to see you posting again! I like your ham sandwich point - it all adds up doesn't it???

DL
David