Questions that didn't get asked???

Any questions that didn't get asked that you'd like answers to???

I want to know if they have any Actors in mind that they are trying to nail down for the new game???

I also want to know if we'll find out what Tex's real first name is???

I'd also like to know why Suzanne {aka Chelsee} hasn't been involved in any of the Update Videos or why they couldn't stream her in for this Live Video webcast???
Chelsee is a massive part of the Tex World, I'm extremely surprised we haven't see anything from her as of yet...

I thought the Webcast was great... I hope they do another one shortly after they get underway on production and just give us a heads up on how things started out and how they see things going down the line...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
I missed part of the 2nd stream because I couldnt get the links people were padting to work for awhile so guess I'll have to see if any of my questions were answered there first. Mainly about how some of the stretch goals will be done (e.g. any Tex theming on the golf they have in mind and various other things). Also wanted to ask if they had that Video Gallery for rewatching past FMV scenes as a possibility after someones great suggestion awhile back here on the forum.

EDIT: They confirmed Chelsee wouldn't be able to do videos awhile back on the forum due to special circumstances that came up for her but that she is in full support of the revival effort for Tex.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Like Sai says, Suzanne couldn't do updates because of her work schedules. They also said that there were other characters who had also hoped to do videos but couldn't because of workloads, but that they gave Tex their backing.

As for Tex's real name - after 14 years I suspect we'll find out, but we'll always call him Tex.
David
Yeah there was going to be one from Michael York and Nilo too from what I heard. Great that they offered though at all and are supporting it even if in thought :)
Good to know about Chelsee, I must have missed the announcement about her not slipping in a video...
I know that she came down with pneumonia right around the start of the Kickstarter... Not sure how long it took her to get over that, sometimes it can take 3 to 4 weeks if it is a bad case of it...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Bafitis wrote:I must have missed the announcement about her not slipping in a video...

It was on the forums posted by Adrian:
http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/mess ... 407#p53407

Regarding Tex's name from the RetroNick interview before the Kickstarter:
Will we learn Tex Murphy's real name?
This is not in the current draft of the plot. But Aaron may see what he can incorporate into the game to give people a little more info about Tex's backstory.
pretty fantastic of richard norton to do a video while he was filming in south africa, but then again thats what being an australia is all about.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Any questions that didn't get asked that you'd like answers to???
I want to know if they have any Actors in mind that they are trying to nail down for the new game???

[b]Yes we do but we can't tip our hand yet because their agents might get wind of it and up their asking price :wink: Seriously though, a lot depends on... is the actor right for the character, are they available to shoot, what their asking price is et al[/b]

I also want to know if we'll find out what Tex's real first name is???[b]so would I...[/b]

I thought the Webcast was great... [b]we had a blast doing it, despite the tech glitches - darn that new technology... but I think you got a sense of our personalities and how together we bring Tex and his world to life[/b]

I hope they do another one shortly after they get underway on production and just give us a heads up on how things started out and how they see things going down the line...[b]Things will go quiet for a little while as we regroup now that we have a budget to work with. I am sure Chris will keep everyone up to date with our development - obviously we cannot release names of cast yet [see above] but I believe that once we start physical production there will be regular updates on the progress of the game... I sure hope so[/b]

[b]I will take this opportunity to give a heartfelt thx to all who have 'kept the faith' over the years when I mentioned it waaaaay back when --- CJ/AC & AC [the Aussie one] will do you proud.[/b]
Awesome to hear, thanks for the info...

I see what you're saying about actors and their agents... Makes sense... Hope you can get the ones you're after... I'm sure you all will do a stellar job picking them, just as in previous games...

Hopefully the quiet time isn't for too long, but I certainly understand the whole getting things together now that all the excitement is over...

Cheers to a successful journey...

Bafitis wrote: Hopefully the quiet time isn't for too long, but I certainly understand the whole getting things together now that all the excitement is over...
I anticipate the quiet periods as being very brief. There's already an update expecting a rewards survey to come out this week plus don't forget that any of the backers that pledged $15 and above will have access to the Big Finish Exclusive fan club which is said to be a club with regular updates concerning the development of their games. If the frequency of updates on their Kickstarter campaign was anything to go by, I get the impression we'll be given front row and centre seats to the goings on @ Big Finish.
Joel wrote: I get the impression we'll be given front row and centre seats to the goings on @ Big Finish.
I have to admit, I don't want updates to be quite that frequent or elaborate... I want the game to be a surprise... I don't want to be thinking every 5 to 10 minutes, "Oh they talked about that" or "Hey I remember them showing us this"...
Getting a heads up is one thing, but a front row and center seats to everything going on, I feel would be a bit much... I'll just have to be careful on what I read up on in the future, that's all...

Bafitis wrote:
Joel wrote: I get the impression we'll be given front row and centre seats to the goings on @ Big Finish.
I have to admit, I don't want updates to be quite that frequent or elaborate... I want the game to be a surprise... I don't want to be thinking every 5 to 10 minutes, "Oh they talked about that" or "Hey I remember them showing us this"...
Getting a heads up is one thing, but a front row and center seats to everything going on, I feel would be a bit much... I'll just have to be careful on what I read up on in the future, that's all...
Precisely the same here actually. I'm entitled to Beta Test the game but i'm not going to do it because when I experience the new game for the first time, I want it fresh out of the box in its final and intended form, just like I used to. I don't even think i'll download the digital version, i'm going to wait for the hard copy.

If the Beta is just a simple engine test without cinematics, dialogue or puzzles, i'm happy to participate but anything beyond that I would rather not know about. In fact given that so many people, judging by the number of backers, will be entitled to test the new game, I just hope I don't read a spoiler by mistake.
After some similar concerns from backers, Double Fine stated the following:
We’re planning on having the forums split into sections that a spoiler-free and spoilerific, so no worries there! As for the documentary, it will likely focus more on the process of developing the game than the game itself. There will definitely bee some stuff shown, but we’ll do our best to ensure people can still enjoy the game!
http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewth ... 01/#184331

I am hoping Big FInish do the same. :)
I'm kinda hoping that Tex's real first name is like with Angus MacGyver. It's something so bad that he wants to be called something else, ANYTHING else. :-)
gryphonosiris wrote:I'm kinda hoping that Tex's real first name is like with Angus MacGyver. It's something so bad that he wants to be called something else, ANYTHING else. :-)
Ever since the Soap-On-A-Rope comment in Pandora I've always wanted his name to be Audie after his Grandfather...