FUNDED!!!

So, does this mean we're all Fundies?
"The real world is bizarre enough for me." - Blue Öyster Cult
We are the champions, my friends....
I'm not fat ... I'm festively plump.
It sure is nice to see that word "Successful!" in the widget on the right. Though it's a little bittersweet... we won't get to see it go up anymore!

Now the wait begins...
now all the excitement is over I'm bored
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Excellent. It was great seeing the whole gang last night.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
It's pretty extraordinary how perfectly this went. I really think there was this sense on the part of both the creators' part and ours that this was Tex's last stand, and everyone on both sides brought 110% (or 135%).

Realistically, we couldn't have asked for a better result. We moved a mountain with less than 7,000 people, and that still leaves a lot of people that will discover Tex for the first time once this is out. I hope we fight just as hard to get the word out when the game releases.
I'm really hoping for a Steam release of this game. Sure, it will have some minor DRM, but at least it will still be DRM-free on BFG and presumably GOG. The potential audience that could be created through Steam is massive. Plus, I like Valve. One of the few developers out there that still strives for quality, rather than spitting out a slightly updated sequel every year.
Hammerhead wrote:Image
Thanks for posting this Hammer. I had this on my screen and hit refresh like an idiot and forgot to cap it.
Cathy
Matthew Buckstein wrote:I'm really hoping for a Steam release of this game. Sure, it will have some minor DRM, but at least it will still be DRM-free on BFG and presumably GOG. The potential audience that could be created through Steam is massive. Plus, I like Valve. One of the few developers out there that still strives for quality, rather than spitting out a slightly updated sequel every year.
Yeah. I am not a huge user of Steam (mostly just get stuff on sale or Indie Bundles). But me, Bruno on Kickstarter and Mr Fedora on here plus others managed to amass 1,150 Members for the Steam group. Many late nights spent looking up people with similar interests (those who love adventure games, sci-fi, noir, neo-noir, detectives, mystery, post-apocalyptic settings, other games with FMV e.g. 7th guest etc. Then chucking them an invite to check out the summary of the game.

So once they release it on Steam, we can announce to them its on their favourite platform and they can tell their fellow Steam friends :)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tex_mu ... ect_fedora
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
This is a great thread to wake up to.

:D
Man!! What a ride it was! Fortunetly could participate in the effort, and I'm extremely proud of what we, we as a community, achieved!!

Been up all night for the countdown party video chat and final countdown of the campaign funding, have a HUGE HEADACHE, but it was all worth it!

Hope all of us who participated on the campaign, can settle here and in the BFG forums.. cause ....frankly, after all the rush of this past month.... right now...it feels like a void inside!! :\

PS. Promise to be more active from now on!! :wink:
Proud member of Tex Murphy's Crazy 888's Chapter Gang!
Hello. Let me re-introduce myself, from the KS PF comments section. I actually am one of those hideous mutants from "Beneath the Planet of the Apes." Or at least I feel that way after last night.
With this hangover, it feels like I had sex for a good 48 hours... or maybe I should be wearing Adrian Carr's "Wanker" t-shirt.
In any case, I already recognize some of you guys. Great to see ya! We better buckle-up, because we're all goin for wild ride!

And this time I'm sure things won't get worser.
I only just got around to watching the live feed video...

...and then I was truly humbled!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:

What they said actually did bring a small tear to my eye!

Speechless!

-Cub. =o)
Oh Matt surely you know how well respected your talents are in the Tex community.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Cubase wrote:I only just got around to watching the live feed video...

...and then I was truly humbled!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:

What they said actually did bring a small tear to my eye!

Speechless!

-Cub. =o)
You definitely appreciate how humbled and excited they all must feel too. We have provided them the means to continue their purpose, just as they provided us with a way to supply it. Through that we all just totally WIN!

Also, I now have a hankering for trying a haggis at that so called "McDonald's."