Backers! New video update by Chris!

I backed via PayPal and I have not received an email.

I did find the post by Chris on my own. I will say I think Chris was very cognizant of the problem of spoilers and too too much information and erred way on the side of caution. I really do not feel the video message contained anything that would detract from anyone's enjoyment of the game.
Wish they'd hurry up and show Chandler Avenue ingame lol :D
thats the biggy for me.

Also the UI. I'm guessing it'll be fairly minimalist though.
Chandler wrote:I did find the post by Chris on my own. I will say I think Chris was very cognizant of the problem of spoilers and too too much information and erred way on the side of caution. I really do not feel the video message contained anything that would detract from anyone's enjoyment of the game.
I'm OK with erring on the side of caution :) I can always come back to the blog after I've played the game and catch up on what I missed. I'd rather they mark any content, even if small, that wasn't shown / mentioned during the Kickstarter campaign as spoilers so I can see it for the first time in-game. I'm sure they can make some stuff safely spoiler free, like maybe pure technical stuff like the last video update, that was a fun watch. :) But no biggie if not. I would say more but unless I'm mistaken I think it'd be against the rules of the blog to discuss stuff in detail.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
mr_cyberpunk wrote: Also the UI. I'm guessing it'll be fairly minimalist though.
I'm hoping for this. I'm thinking this as the controls:

Mouse - look

Mouse Button 1 - interact

Arrow Direction keys or WASD - movement

TAB - a window with tabs along the top of it for Travel, Inventory and notes

That should about do it.
I really don't care for the backers only stuff. Not only does it further divide a fairly small community into smaller sections, it pretty much just preaches to the choir. These updates should be encouraging people who are on the fence or who don't know so much about the game to get into it.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
The backer only stuff is an incentive. Quite a few people were interested in donating to the DoubleFine Kickstarter based on the ongoing behind the scenes documentary stuff that would be released in installments during development. So it basically encouraged people to pay towards the project with great results. People can still donate via PayPal and I recently spoke over email to someone who had been away and only just got on the internet to find my note (sent during the Kickstarter), they were pretty interested in accessing the backer development blog so that may be another donation there.

They could always release a few small teasers here and there though, to let people know the project is around, build up hype and let people know of the existence of the ongoing updates and available rewards still on offer. DoubleFine did release some things to the public to draw more people in after the Kickstarter ended. Like the first episode of the documentary (mainly to tell people that PayPal was open and as a teaser to future episodes only available to backers etc.)
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05 ... hing-grin/
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
freepizza wrote:I really don't care for the backers only stuff. Not only does it further divide a fairly small community into smaller sections, it pretty much just preaches to the choir. These updates should be encouraging people who are on the fence or who don't know so much about the game to get into it.
Hopelessly wrong, as is your custom.
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
It feels damn good to see some first person wonder in this third person world.
Part-Time Nomad
Last edited by Demonlawyer on September 02, 2012 • 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
For years we have asked for, and said we would support them, so when they asked, I am chuffed to bits that everyone did that and put their money where their mouth was.

This will probably be our only chance to get some really unique things and to help them at the same time. If they are successful and make another new game then we probably won't get the same opportunity via Kickstarter, so getting some unique things now is really cool and a great 'thank you' from the guys.

I applaud those at tiers above me, and am just as glad at the huge number of backers below that made this happen.
David
For those (like me) from locales other than yours, 'chuffed' = good or happy I take it ????
haha, yes! :D

Probably a very British saying.
David
undoubtedly.

I just learned a Kiwi saying (perhaps Ozzie as well??)... shoot-through. Apparently it means to take off, skip town, evade a situation by leaving, things like that.
yep, shot through means take off (for example: her husband shot through)
another aussie saying is " playing the pokies" poker machines =slot machines
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Now that must surely be heading towards cockney rhyming slang!
David
plumgas wrote:yep, shot through means take off (for example: her husband shot through)
another aussie saying is " playing the pokies" poker machines =slot machines
Thanks. I have another one as well: "Go the Rabbitohs!" :D