I am interviewing some cast and crew of Tesla Effect!

I will be interviewing the director, Adrian Carr, the casting director and several of the actors of Tex Murphy: The Tesla Effect in Google Hangouts this Friday. I will record the session and bring the interview to my YouTube channel the following week!

Here are the actors that are confirmed:

Donny Casey - Holly Graham
Richard Norton - Big Jim Slade
Nicholas Watts - Saffyre
Larry Thomas - Lt. Danwicz (He also played the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld!)
Jodi Russell - Taylor
Travis Eberhard - Mojo

We are waiting on Steve Valentine - Johanssen - to confirm.

So! What would like me to ask these talented folks?
~Gaming Let's Plays served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Playing Tex Murphy right now! Click for a playlist!
Last edited by joliet_jane on May 26, 2014 • 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EDIT: damn it!!!!!
It seems you'll mainly be interviewing the actors, so I'll throw in some questions only they may be able to answer:

1) Do you have any prior experience acting in front of a green screen, and how difficult/easy was it for you to do so? Also did you find the fact that they had screens with the virtual environments on set helpful?

2) Compared to other experiences, what was it like working on a set where the crew mainly consisted of backers / people typically not accustomed to doing this sort of work?

3) Do you have any fond memories or fun experiences from shooting that you would like to share?

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"
What were your thoughts when you signed up for acting for an FMV game? Had you heard stories about FMV games (what did you hear and what were your impressions) and how did the reality turn out compared to your expectations?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that it would be interesting to hear their experiences of acting in a game instead of TV/film, and whether they had heard rumours about the FMV game history and what impression they had before they turned up for filming, and what they thought about it when the game was released (if they have seen the final result and/or read any reviews).
David
joliet_jane wrote:R-really? :shock: OK... here are some Qs:
  • Why is Tex blond now, and why does no one notice? :wink:
  • There about 4 people are credited with the Tesla Effect screenplay (adapted from Aaron Conners)? Who were the people other than Chris Jones and what did they do?
  • Will the game and Aaron Conners' book be all that different? Which is canon?
  • Why were the extra Chelsee scenes removed? Will we ever get to see them?
  • It's a fact that 30 fps, high-quality video for Pandora Directive exists. Can we ever see it or buy it?
Will you have a spoiler-space part of the interview to talk about mysteries the game creates?
Joliet, most of the questions you ask the actors will not know the answers to. I will see if Adrian, the director, can answer one or two.
~Gaming Let's Plays served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

joliet_jane wrote:R-really? :shock: OK... here are some Qs:
  • Why is Tex blond now, and why does no one notice? :wink:
  • There about 4 people are credited with the Tesla Effect screenplay (adapted from Aaron Conners)? Who were the people other than Chris Jones and what did they do?
  • Will the game and Aaron Conners' book be all that different? Which is canon?
  • Why were the extra Chelsee scenes removed? Will we ever get to see them?
  • It's a fact that 30 fps, high-quality video for Pandora Directive exists. Can we ever see it or buy it?
Will you have a spoiler-space part of the interview to talk about mysteries the game creates?
Lol! He's not blonde, his hair has just thinned and grayed! Lol!

I know, I kept thinking about old Tex, then saw OLD TEX... and I was like: where'd all the hair go?

But he aged beautifully, in my mind. Made him look more Grisled.
We've come for your Daughter, Chuck!
Daaaaaaaamn I'm stupid. :x

Oh piss, I forgot. Those people won't know all that. :oops: That was pretty dumb. :(

How about these:
  • Richard Norton: What's changed the most on set since the last time you did this?
  • Jodi Russell: In my opinion, Taylor is the girl for Tex, even though she's not the canon favorite, because she's the most believable. How do you get the chemistry?
  • Nicholas Watts: Are you actually taller than Tex or is that a special effect?
  • Nicholas Watts: Where does your characterization of Saffyre come from?
  • Donny Casey: How did you prepare for playing a machine?
  • Travis Eberhard: Are you a Tex superfan in real life or do you just play one?
My question in general to any of the cast (it's more of a compound question given that each one leads to the next):

Given that the game includes multiple paths which trigger alternate scenes, did you find that in each "version" of the scene that you needed to make adjustments to the understanding of your character? Especially since different paths were related to completely different story threads, did this process do anything to reinvent your approach as to whom the character was? Was it frustrating, exciting, intellectually stimulating?
Ooh, these are great questions! Keep 'em coming, I will compile them on Thursday for Friday's event.

Thanks fellow Tex fans!

Last edited by Bafitis on May 30, 2014 • 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redacted...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Those are probably not something these actors and actresses will know the answer to
David
You are quite right... I admit my ignorance of reading fully... I just blindly assumed that some of the main staff were gonna be involved... My apologies... Thank you David for pointing it out...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
A question for Richard Norton - richard are you aware of how many women were disappointed that slade was not filmed in a loosely clad towel.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Oh my God Lynne. Don't ask that question. It's so rude. Not that it's not true, but so rude. :o
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Questions for all:
  • When did you first hear about Tex Murphy?
  • How did you come to get involved in Tesla Effect?
  • How much did you know about Tesla Effect before the Kickstarter ended?
  • What are your thoughts on Utah?
plumgas wrote:A question for Richard Norton - richard are you aware of how many women were disappointed that slade was not filming in a loosely clad towel.
I second this. :P