Overseer Gog.com crashes

I downloaded the game from gog.com.

I would play it a bit. Whenever I opened a drawer, the game crashed on me.

Sometimes, I got an error that said, "No error is found."

I went to config inside of the game to change the screen resolution to 640x380.

The game still crashed.

I tried with Win 95 or 98 compatibility via Win 8.

Still, the game crashed.

I tried MIDI mapper, and same result.

Can you help me out?

Thanks.
is the message "error isn't a error or something like that, if so under midi what have you selected.
selecting microsoft windows midi mapper will only stop this silly error message. some windows 8 pc will have problems with overseer.

download this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/213 ... 130106.exe
this installs a more up to date decoder.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Thanks. I installed the ffsdhow before you responded back to me. I figured out a way around it. Sometimes, I travel to another location and then come back to where I was working on the drawers. It stopped crashing on me. It's like I have to get in the mind of the programming code to play by the rules to be on the safe side. So far so good. The movies worked perfectly fine.

I haven't played the game for over 15 years although I have the CDs and the unplayable DVD. I've tried to install the CD so many times over the years but never can get it to work. That's why I gave up by buying it off from gog.com.
the cd disks won't work now on later systems & on win64 so the gog version is the only option these days.
Lynne
I recently bought Overseer from GOG. It has been crashing all too frequently, but I've been living with it. However, I'm now in the Anasazi terrain on Day 2, and when I go into the puzzle with the three cogs in the wall and three levers to control them, the game immediately crashes. Obviously, if I can't do the puzzle, I can't go on with the game. Any ideas for me? I'm running on a pretty vanilla Windows 10 x64 PC. I installed the game with GOG Galaxy.

Thanks,
Harry
I have always found that gog galazy has problems with overseer. you should download the manual version.
I have never had the cog error myself.
Lynne
I'm not sure what the "manual version" is, but, to my amazement, I figured out how to stop it from crashing in the Anasazi cog and lever puzzle. The problem has something to do with Tex speaking when you bring the puzzle up, before you can freely move the cursor. The solution is very tough. After Tex is finished, the cursor appears for maybe 5 seconds before the game crashes, and you have to get it close to "Exit" immediately and click it with the left side of the mouse and, well, exit (from the puzzle). Then you create a Save Game. When you load that save game, you can go into the puzzle and Tex doesn't speak and the game doesn't crash - the cursor is yours to move around and solve the puzzle.

I think this was actually harder than any puzzle that was meant to be part of the game.

Please pass this along if you know anyone in the Forum who's been stymied with a similar problem.

Thanks for you response,
Harry
the manual download is underneath the galazy download link . it's the offline backup game installers.
Lynne