Tex- The Early Years (my second attempt at uploading).

Last edited by silvermitt on January 06, 2015 • 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please let this work. I'm about to go postal on my Mac.

*Under explosive construction with ALOT of expletives*
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
He's hiding behind the board!
Damn! I was tryingto fix this. Imgur is being finicky. I was trying to remove those pictures and replace with smaller sized images. :(

*oh, god.... this sucks!*

Tomorrow sounds like a good day to try....

Maybe members are not allowed to post pictures on this board.

Ema Nymton
~@:o?
We Cheat The Other Guy And Pass The Savings On To You.
emanymton wrote:.

Ema Nymton
Members can post pictures. See this thread: messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5216
emanymton wrote:.

Ema Nymton

Nope. I just suck at posting images. Anywhere, apparently. :)
I've never done it but maybe upload to Flickr or somewhere and then copy the link in the address bar at the top.

Then come here and press the 'url' button below the text box and paste the address in between the two 'url' boxes.
David
Demonlawyer wrote:I've never done it but maybe upload to Flickr or somewhere and then copy the link in the address bar at the top.

Then come here and press the 'url' button below the text box and paste the address in between the two 'url' boxes.
Yes, that's the procedure.
OK, so I uploaded to Imgur. Images are huge, so I tried to remove them and upload smaller files. Imgur won't let me. *Sigh* I went ahead and posted them at BFG's site on their forum. However, when attempting to resize the buggers to smaller pictures, the picture sizing did -- look shocked please-- nothing at all to the size of them! Who knew?!

OK so I'll work on this. Just not on here or BFG. I am sure that the majority of people posting here and there would appreciate I take my techie-green ass somewhere else for self education.

http://www.bigfinishgames.com/tex-murphy-girl-style

Addendum:
Steve at BFG is awesome at fixing screwups. Just sayin.
But we like your techie-green ass. It's so cute! :wink:
Well done on getting them posted. Looks like the file size might have been a problem before. If they're huge files it can take ages for them to upload/download on a forum. That may have been it.

Nevertheless they're great - thanks for sharing!
David
LOL, Chandler.

DemonLawyer, yes, they are big files, and I did try to remove and replace with smaller sized files, but imgur wouldn't let me. It's a software issue now I think. I can't update anymore and there is soooo much out there I can't access because of it. Luckily, I don't care about most of it.

Just to let you know..my kids LOVE dressing and acting. Come February, Dorian will also get a Tex costume. He expressed a whooollle lot of discontent that Santa Claus didn't bring him one too. I think I'll search around for a kid-sized briefcase for him too.

I hope Jen gets to see these. :)
silvermitt, what software do you use to resize photos?
Chandler wrote:silvermitt, what software do you use to resize photos?

Adobe photoshop CS4 v. 11

I'd like to add that I didn't look at the size of the image after finishing it, I just uploaded. My fault for not changing the image size. I now have a much smaller one, but imgur won't let me change it (I don't think I'm accessing all the "buttons" there; software conflict maybe.

There is no way I'll ever bother to update as I understand everything is on a cloud and now adobe has the game rigged where you pay to use it monthly (?). You don't own any software, you rent it essentially. I find this appalling.

Also, my MAC tower cannot update anymore. All done. There are pros and cons to this situation. Even if I did have the money to buy a new pc, would I really want it? My comfort zone with mac tower is like snuggling in an old quilt with spiced apple cider in front of a roaring fire. Kinda hard to leave that, you know.

Aaannndd.. I really love my motorola bar phone.
No voicemail. No pictures. It just makes calls.

You can call me Eeep. My pet is an early form of a talking sloth we like to call "belt". :)
I find the new rental model from Adobe pretty appealing. Photoshop and Lightroom together cost around $1,000. I can rent the 2 of them together for $120/yr. It would take over 8 years to make up the $1,000.

And that gets me all the upgrades, whereas I would have to buy several upgrades in 8 years. Add another $400 every 2 years, and the additional cost would be $1600, for a total of $2,600.

$120/yr starts looking pretty good.

BTW, when resizing photos in PhotoShop, use the Image/Image Resize option. In the popup window, use the Document Size section rather than the Pixel Dimensions section. Set the size in inches or centimeters and set the pixels per inch to 72.