Graphic card recommendation?

Hey ho guys. I wanted to ask you guys if you have any recommendations for a good PC graphics card. I have fallen out of the PC game some years ago for other interests. Now I need a good one and I don't know what's out there. Figure someone here might be able to help save me some time before I spend a week researching for a good one. I'm a videographer so I need something pretty beefy. I have a Intel i5 in my machine so the processing power is already there. I also have a pretty good Asus board that I'm very happy with. I have been told that video editors need video cards designed for hard core videogames due to its high processing power. I know about Alienware, but I also know their expensive. Does anyone have anything to add to this or be able to point me in the right direction? Thanks guys, later.
"If at first you don't succeed,
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.nineteenthstar.cjb.net
www.sowden.cjb.net
I do some video editing as well and having a decent video card is helpful.

Right now I am using an Asus GF970 gtx which has been working quite well.
Opted for the 970 due to the power to wattage performance, AMD also makes solid cards as well but this time round Nvidia is more powerful and quieter.

With serious HD and UHD editing I would look into a 6-core solution with at least an equivalent aforementioned card and 16gb of RAM or greater.

Best regards,
KvE
Politics is like a corral. No matter where you are you will always be shoveling it.
I have a gtx 970 which cubase (mat van rhoon) recommended its a great card
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I'm using an nVidia GT750+. It's not as powerful as the 970, but I've found it's good for my gaming. I don't do much video editing, so I'm not sure about that.
Awesome guys, thanks for your suggestions. Later.
"If at first you don't succeed,
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.nineteenthstar.cjb.net
www.sowden.cjb.net