UAKM locks-up after cut scenes

I could sure use some help with UAKM - I have the game running in XP, using the command prompt. And it seems to run quite well, with one exception: it locks-up after certain cut scenes. Could someone tell me how to correct this problem?

Thank you!
Rem
How did you get UAKM running on XP and are there ANY other problems? Ty
It's running OK now :D I had to update my VDMSonnd files with the latest version.

macklee asked:
"How did you get UAKM running on XP and are there ANY other problems? Ty"

I used Gregs edited UAKM files that he's offering on this message board.
As of now, after updating the VDMS files, everything is running smoothly.

Rem
Oddly enough I've experienced the same problems with the game after cut-scenes but in my case the game just simply quit and went back to the Windows screen. It should be mentioned though that I run a .bat-file when playing UAKM which sets up VDMSound first and then runs the game, so if the game quits, it also closes down the command prompt.

Anyway - did you edit anything in Greg's edited files or did you just use his files? Because I already use his files, so that's why I was wondering.

He did, however, give me a few pointers, but I haven't had time to check up on it yet.

/// netroam
netroam wrote:Oddly enough I've experienced the same problems with the game after cut-scenes but in my case the game just simply quit and went back to the Windows screen. It should be mentioned though that I run a .bat-file when playing UAKM which sets up VDMSound first and then runs the game, so if the game quits, it also closes down the command prompt.

Anyway - did you edit anything in Greg's edited files or did you just use his files? Because I already use his files, so that's why I was wondering.

He did, however, give me a few pointers, but I haven't had time to check up on it yet.

/// netroam
No, I didn't have to do any additional editing to Greg's files - I just updated the VDMSound files with the latest version.

Rem
Which version of VDMSound do you use now then? Because for some reason my game still quits after certain scenes - especially when talking to Chelsee and Clint on Day 1 and that kinda annoys me since I need to run the game again and click "Yes" to the "want to continue the last game" prompt before I can continue any dialogue - and when the dialogue is finished the game quits again.

Sorry for the long delay with the reply - started playing the game a bit more this past weekend where I experienced these problems.
This is the one I'm using: VDMSound2[1].1.0